A programme of visits to growing plots in Eden District
PACT and Freegle are keen to encourage people to Grow-your-own: communally, in your own back garden or on your window sill. This series of visits to edible gardens (VEG - geddit!) aims to help spread the gardening knowledge. You can visit gardens where fruit and vegetables already grow successfully - or where people hope to start. Come along if you want to learn - and come along if you have something to share!
We've run VEG visits for two years but are having a rest in 2016. For events in 2016 please consider joining Cumbria Organic Gardeners and Farmers who run garden visits etc most months.
|12 March 2016, 10:30am - 12:30 noon
|Salvation Army, Penrith
Seedy Saturday: give and take free seeds, plants and tools
Just turn up - free
|9 October 2016
Acorn Bank Apple Day - PACT should have a stall, showing some of this year's produce.
Just turn up - entry fee payable
- Acorn Bank runs other events during the year.
- Cumbria Organic Gardeners and Farmers meets monthly and includes garden, small-holding and allotment visits, a seed swap, social events and talks.
- The Eden Food & Farming Festival will hopefully be back in July 2016 and includes various events over the course of the week.
- National Gardens Scheme - Gardens open for charity in Cumbria
Please ring Chris on 01931 713240 if you would like to offer your garden for a visit. Let him know about other open garden events if you'd like them listed here.
- Please book on each visit in advance if possible so we know numbers
- Please take care of the garden or property you are visiting
- Please be safe when visiting - look after yourself
- The visits will usually go ahead even if it is raining, but please come prepared
- Please share transport or walk/cycle there
- Please sign in at the start of the visit
- There may not be toilets at the event
- There may not be disabled access at the visit - please get in touch in advance if you have any special needs