Cumbria Organic Gardeners and Farmers is a society for people who are interested in applying the principles of organic cultivation, either as gardeners, smallholders or farmers. It is a local group of Garden Organic (the national organisation previously named the Henry Doubleday Research Association).
We practise and promote practical organic growing methods and are a network of like-minded people. Our meetings are approximately monthly and include garden, small-holding and allotment visits, a seed swap, social events and talks, as well as taking opportunities at relevant public events to provide information about growing organically and our group.
A list of our events in 2021 is given below, as an example.
We produce a regular newsletter which provides a link between our many diverse interests. It contains up to date information about our events and practical advice which reflects local knowledge of organic growing in Cumbria.
Our annual subscription is £7.50 per household. Subscriptions from new members who join in October, November or December run until the end of the following year.
Diary of COGF Events in 2021
- Sunday 30th May 11.00 a.m. – Plant sale at the Health and Wellbeing Fair in Bitts Park, Carlisle
- Sunday 27th June 11.00 a.m. – COGF Plant stall at Open Farm Sunday, Susan's Farm, Houghton
- Sunday 25th July 2.00 p.m. – Visit to The Green Man no-dig Market Garden near Moota
- Sunday 29th August 2.00 p.m. – Visit and social at a member’s garden near Carlisle
- Saturday 18th September – COGF Market stall at Carlisle’s Great Big Green Week Event in the city
- Sunday 14th November 2.00 p.m. – AGM in Wigton
- Sunday 28th November 10.30 a.m. – Visit to no-dig garden in Carlisle
If you would like to know more about these events, join COGF or just want to know more about us, please contact the Membership Secretary on email@example.com