Learn how to get started growing your own fruit and veg:
- deciding what you want to grow & planning how it would work in your garden
- clearing a horticultural site
- establishing crops
- seed propagation
- vegetative propagation
- pest & disease identification & control
- watering & feeding
- ongoing monitoring of crop growth & harvesting
The new Eden Housing Association polytunnel is on Greystoke Road at the entrance to Skiddaw View - map
10 places. FREE but please book. Bring your own packed lunch.
The training is being given by VistaVeg, our local veg bag growing co-operative.
Note: the event may be filmed - let us know if you do not want to be included.
- Please bring a soil sample from their garden or veg plot with them if you wish (we just need a small amount from a little way beneath the surface)
- Please bring a pair of gardening gloves if you have any (we have some but not enough for everyone)