Learn how to get started growing your own fruit and veg:
- deciding what you want to grow & planning how it would work in your garden
- clearing a horticultural site
- establishing crops
- seed propagation
- vegetative propagation
- pest & disease identification & control
- watering & feeding
- ongoing monitoring of crop growth & harvesting
15 places. FREE but please book. Bring your own packed lunch.
Please liaise with organiser Chris Cant on 01931 713240 to share transport.
The training is being given by VistaVeg, our local veg bag growing co-operative.
Note: the event may be filmed - let us know if you do not want to be included.
- Directions to Bell Foot – there's limited parking up there so it maybe good to park at the village primary school & walk up the hill (or car-share up the hill); we probably have room for 5 cars & still be able to let farm vehicles pass. When you get to Crosby Ravensworth Primary School (CA10 3JJ), cross the small bridge sign-posted Bank Head almost opposite the school & follow this lane up hill, round a sharp 90 degree right hand bend & continue up the hill. Pass Bank Farm on your left. Turn in left at the next white-washed cottage where you will see our sign. Please wear appropriate footwear & clothing for gardening!
- Please bring a soil sample from their garden or veg plot with them if you wish (we just need a small amount from a little way beneath the surface)
- Please bring a pair of gardening gloves if you have any (we have some but not enough for everyone)